• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can I get movies onto my captivate?

Download a program called format factory. Open it on your desktop. You can put a dvd into your drive, click "dvd to video file" in the selections on the left side and convert it into MP4 format. Make sure to choose only the title or chapter that is the actual movie. Uncheck the shortest chapters time-wise. Choose your default audio stream. ac3 english will actually sound better than 5.1 on the phone. Louder anyway if you don't have earphones. Thats it, click "convert" when it appears back on the home screen of the program click "start" at the top and after the movie is done, you can mount your USB cable and drag and drop the movie into the folder of your choice on your phone. Or make a new folder titled "movies" hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Download a program called format factory. Open it on your desktop. You can put a dvd into your drive, click "dvd to video file" in the selections on the left side and convert it into MP4 format...

Can I use this on a movie dvd I've purchased since all of them have copyright protection or does this only work for homemade movies with no protection?

I also read that this will try to stealth install two other programs, so beware.

Upvote 0
i use handbrake, theres a guide how to use it specifically for the handbrake here: [HOWTO] Convert videos for Samsung Galaxy S using Handbreak. - xda-developers Since Im just ripping dvd's i leave it at 720x480. if your ripping blu rays good luck with that, thats its own headache. you'll also need a decrypter, such as DVD43, if your ripping anything with encryption, im sure avatar does, and every disney movie certainly does

Reactions: CASUAL
Upvote 0
HEy, everyone. I just got a captivate and I would appreciate it if any of you can tell me how can I get the movie AVATAR on the captivate. I am also interested in putting some movies on it as well. Can anyone tell me how?

I am assuming that you are asking how to put your purchased Avatar DVD and any other DVDs you own onto your phone. We do not promote the use of piracy on AndroidForums and I hope that was not your intention. All suggestions with regards to piracy have been dealt with.

Cheers,
-Roze-

Upvote 0
I use handbrake on my Mac and it works pretty well except I can't figure out how to cover into anything higher than 640x360...the videos still look good but I hate knowing that im not getting the Max resolution on the phone

Uncheck anamorphic, check keep aspect ratio, and use the buttons to increase the smaller number until the larger one reaches 800. Trying to increase the larger won't work and will max out at 720.

This has been mentioned in numerous threads at this point.

Upvote 0
i use handbrake, theres a guide how to use it specifically for the handbrake here: [HOWTO] Convert videos for Samsung Galaxy S using Handbreak. - xda-developers Since Im just ripping dvd's i leave it at 720x480. if your ripping blu rays good luck with that, thats its own headache. you'll also need a decrypter, such as DVD43, if your ripping anything with encryption, im sure a
vatar does, and every disney movie certainly does

Awesome im gonna have to try this out thanks for posting the link. I "own"some movies that I need to try this with

Upvote 0
Awesome im gonna have to try this out thanks for posting the link. I "own"some movies that I need to try this with

If you're putting "own" in quotes, you're obviously referring to illegally copied material. This forum doesn't advocate or support copyright infringement.

While I have no problem helping people convert movies from discs they legally own into a format they can play on their device (as this falls under the "fair use" clause), I will not support anyone trying to use my instructions for illegal purposes, and will report anyone making it obvious that they are doing so.

Upvote 0
If you're putting "own" in quotes, you're obviously referring to illegally copied material. This forum doesn't advocate or support copyright infringement.

While I have no problem helping people convert movies from discs they legally own into a format they can play on their device (as this falls under the "fair use" clause), I will not support anyone trying to use my instructions for illegal purposes, and will report anyone making it obvious that they are doing so.

i bought karate kid today, and im trying to put it on my phone. I used "own" as a future tense..
because it was currently not in my posession

Upvote 0
for some reason when i put a movie on the phone that I used handbrake to encode, the movie will occaionally stutter. like for a split second every maybe 15 seconds the picture will freeze. Barely noticible, but irritating

All other video is works perfectly

Probably your advanced settings. Use the settings outlined here:
Transferring movies from DVD - CapFAQ

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones