• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can I get my N3 to ask me if I want to remember my password

Duckster

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2010
Previously I answered no to this question. Now I want my N3 to ask me if I want it to remember my password for a specific site. I know that I can get it to remove all passwords, but is it possible to change the setting on individual Web pages (not apps)?

If not, can anyone recommend a really good password manager for the N3? I read about some here but most are dated.

Thx

Previously I answered no to this question. Now I want my N3 to ask me if I want it to remember my password for a specific site. I know that I can get it to remove all passwords, but is it possible to change the setting on individual Web pages (not apps)?

If not, can anyone recommend a really good password manager for the N3? I read about some here but most are dated.

Thx

Use Google Chrome. When you sign into a website, it will ask if you want Chrome to remember the password.. Then it will sync that to all of your devices you're using chrome on

Upvote 0
Thanks DC. The feature is still there. I originally answered NO and DON'T ASK AGAIN when it asked me if I wanted it to remember my password for this specific site. It still asks about other websites. Now I have changed my mind and I do want it to remember my password. I'm just trying to find out how to make the change without wiping out ALL of my as stored passwords (which I'm not 100% if it will work).

Upvote 0
Thanks DC. The feature is still there. I originally answered NO and DONE ASK AGAIN when it asked me if I wanted it to remember my password for this specific site. It still asks about other websites. Now I have changed my mind and I do want it to remember my password. I'm just trying to find out how to make the change without wiping out ALL of my as stored passwords (which I'm not 100% if it will work).

Ohhh, try going to the browser in your Settings > Application Manager > Browser...then clean the defaults/cache

That might help you :)

Upvote 0
Ohhh, try going to the browser in your Settings > Application Manager > Browser...then clean the defaults/cache

That might help you :)
Thanks again DC,

I looked (it's listed under Internet) and if I clean things out, it will clean out everything including the databases, ALL passwords, etc. I want to save that as a last resort but it looks like that may be my only option. I'm in no hurry so I'll hang on and see if anyone has figured this out.

Upvote 0
Thanks again DC,

I looked (it's listed under Internet) and if I clean things out, it will clean out everything including the databases, ALL passwords, etc. I want to save that as a last resort but it looks like that may be my only option. I'm in no hurry so I'll hang on and see if anyone has figured this out.

You can look in Settings > Content settings > Website settings, and see if there's anything in there for the particular website you want to save the password for, and that will allow you to delete settings on a per-website basis. However, if the little trial I went through before this reply is any indication, your best bet may be to go to Settings > Privacy > Delete Personal Data, check only the box next to Passwords, then click Done. True, it's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's better than clearing the cache or app data. :shrug:

Upvote 0
Thanks again DC,

Clearing defaults will not erase your passwords :)

Also doing what the member above me suggested as well would be a good idea.

Upvote 0
You can look in Settings > Content settings > Website settings, and see if there's anything in there for the particular website you want to save the password for, and that will allow you to delete settings on a per-website basis. However, if the little trial I went through before this reply is any indication, your best bet may be to go to Settings > Privacy > Delete Personal Data, check only the box next to Passwords, then click Done. True, it's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's better than clearing the cache or app data. :shrug:
Thanks for the response. I tried it but got the same results. I guess I'm resigned to deleting all passwords and trying again.

Upvote 0
I finally bit the bullet and reset the Internet browser on my SGN3. I panicked at first because I forgot to backup my bookmarks. However, I saw it sync later and all bookmarks were returned:) (whew)! My problem is now solved albeit I have to install ALL of my passwords again (not a problem). The reset also fixed another problem. I had a word stuck in my "paste" function and it would not go away no matter what I did (cache cleared, erased all clipboard words, etc). The browser reset took care of that too. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Here are the steps that I used:
1. Settings
2. Application manager
3. Scroll over at the top to "ALL"
4. Scroll down to Internet
5. Select "Clear Data". You will get a warning that says "All of this application's data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts, databases, etc".

It may take a while, but if you have your browser set to "sync", the bookmarks will all come back except for the passwords.

Upvote 0
I finally bit the bullet and reset the Internet browser on my SGN3. I panicked at first I forgot to backup my bookmarks. However, I saw it sync later and all bookmarks were returned:) (whew)! My problem is now solved albeit I have to install ALL of my passwords again (not a problem). The reset also fixed another problem. I had a word stuck in my "paste" function and it would not go away no matter what I did (cache cleared, erased all clipboard words, etc). The browser reset took care of that good. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Here are the steps that I used:
1. Settings
2. Application manager
3. Scroll over at the top to "ALL"
4. Scroll down to Internet
5. Select "Clear Data". You will get a warning that says "All of this application's data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts, databases, etc".

It may take a while, but you have your browser set to "sync", the bookmarks will all come back except for the passwords.

You only needed to go into the Settings of the stock Internet browser and enter Privacy option then Delete Personal Data then put a check/tick in the "Passwords" option.

Then closing and re-opening your browser and entering in your password would restore the option to remember the password, without deleting your bookmarks etc.

Reactions: Duckster
Upvote 0
You only needed to go into the Settings of the stock Internet browser and enter Privacy option then Delete Personal Data then put a check/tick in the "Passwords" option.

Then closing and re-opening your browser and entering in your password would restore the option to remember the password, without deleting your bookmarks etc.
Thanks. However, the other issue that I had was also resolved by doing it the way that I did. I had a word that would popup EVERY TIME I would try to paste something and now matter what I did, it would not go away. Now it is gone. Thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
Glad to hear you got your issue solved, albeit you had to reset your passwords and other settings.

Hopefully we can provide some better answers to any of your issues in the future :)
Thanks DC. I think that just like everything else, there will always be a learning curve for everyone. I do appreciate your kind responses and help! You have a lot of posts and you have helped a lot of people. To be honest, some of your suggestions sparked ideas with my situation, so as far as I'm concerned, that helped!

Reactions: Digital Controller
Upvote 0
Thanks DC. I think that just like everything else, there will always be a learning curve for everyone. I do appreciate your kind responses and help! You have a lot of posts and you have helped a lot of people. To be honest, some of your suggestions sparked ideas with my situation, so as far as I'm concerned, that helped!

Glad to hear it Duckster :)

My primary focus and drive here at AndroidForums is to help members like yourself, I am certain I can speak for all the staff when I say this.

Enjoy your completely functional device and feel free to come back here again if you have anymore issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones