how can I get my school email to work on my phone?

Last Updated:

1. stephHero83

stephHero83 New Member

I am really stupid when it comes to this kind of thing. i have looked at past threads, but they dont help me.
    The school is colorado technical university and they use Microsoft Outlook Web Access.
    Can anyone help me??:D

2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

You need to contact the university's IT department and asked for the information to connect.
  3. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member

Usually, at least my school, something will be posted on their site. I usually did a search on my schools page for setting up outlook or thunderbird which are desktop email clients. You need the incoming and outgoing mail servers
  4. aclark414

aclark414 Well-Known Member

Hi Steph - you need to obtain the incoming and outgoing mail servers for your school email account, which, as noted above, you need to obtain from your school's IT department. You will also probably need your user name and password. Once you have that information, you will just use the mail app on the Hero, which provides step by step (and easy) instructions for setting up your email account. Good luck!
    HeSoDope likes this.
  5. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

why not just set up a gmail account and forward your school email to the gmail acct. setting up gmail on the hero is idiot-proof
  6. azinger

azinger New Member

I got my gmail set up on the mail app but for some reason it is not syncing put everything (and by everything I mean deleted mail, spam, my sent mail, etc) all into the inbox. Also when I read an email on my phone it still shows as new on the computer and when read on the computer it still shows up as new on the phone...any suggestions? Somebody told me to modify my folder mapping...but if I only knew what that was...
  7. glen4cindy

glen4cindy Well-Known Member

I use Charter Communications for E-mail. To be able to set up a mobile account with them, I have to use the right server, which is something on the order of and then I am required to use the proper port, like 995 or 993, I forget which now, and then, each send and receive requires authentication. The send and receive are also different ports, and severs, but both have mobile as a part of the name.

I have not set it up yet as I am waiting until I get it cleaned out before I get it configured, but, you will certainly have to get with the school to get all this information, but, I'm sure they can help you.