How can I get the htc hero dialer on my Moment?Support

Last Updated:

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I figure since I was able to download the HTC hero keyboard on my Moment on that maybe there was a way to get the HTC hero diaper on my phone as well? Is there?

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

I don't know that it's impossible, but I've never seen the dialer available as a stand alone install. I can't even offer an alternate as all the dialers/ contact managers I've tried are either laggy, buggy or both. Now, for the HTC diaper I recommend Huggies, they worked well for both my kids so they should be fine for your phone.

3. Eazail70x7

Ok, ill search for it in the market

4. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

do you have the apk's for the hero dialer / contacts? if so, then it's easy to just move the png's and create it...

5. Eazail70x7

My sister has a hero. Is that what you mean? Getting the apk off her phone and onto my phone? If so, how do I do that if you know how. Thanks :D

But i see you are lliterally saying I can create one by moving the png's. Could you elaborate on this please?

6. Eazail70x7

My sister has a hero. Is that what you mean? Getting the apk off her phone and onto my phone? If so, how do I do that if you know how. Thanks :D

But i see you are lliterally saying I can create one by moving the png's. Could you elaborate on this please?

7. chibucks

if it's just the aesthetics of the hero dialer, then you should move the png's over to our dialer / contacts.apk's (i don't remember which one has the dialer look). i think that someone over at sdx ported over some of the theme as well; but i haven't been up to date with the themes...

i don't think just porting over the htc hero dialer, it'll work on our phone...

8. Eazail70x7

Ok. Btw, what is a png and how do I move it onto my phone? Thanks

9. chibucks

png's are the image files (like jpg, gif, bmps)... to transfer them over, you'd open both the apk's with 7-zip or a similar program (i think winrar works too), and then just drag and copy over the old ones... but make sure you backup.

as i looked more into this - it looks like there's more to the htc hero dialer then just replacing how it looks (as in, it's interlaced with many other apps) - so it may be more difficult. there have been recommendations to use

smart dialer
    or superdial

as something that's sort of similar...

sorry i'm not more help.

10. pizzachef

pizzachef Well-Known Member

Yes, the HTC dialer app is much more than a dressed up standard dialer. It works well with the contact manager and finds all of the SMS, email, facebook and twitter info for the contact you happen to be viewing. Its a really nice integration.

aContacts is about the best I've found to replace it. You can use T9 typing to pull up a contact, like with a traditional cell pone keypad. But the HTC dialer would pull up the contact if you started typing the number as well. Its a lot quicker to find the contact.

Of all the nifty things in SenseUI, this is what I missed the most.

11. Eazail70x7

Thanks! AContacts is just what I wanted.