How can I go back to original ROM from gold card

Last Updated:

1. harrylad

harrylad Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there

I have a 3uk htc hero which had the 3 rom on it but I used the gold card method to load the 2.1 update for the generic hero. Using this method http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/112255-guide-beat-wait-2-1-branded-phones-uk.html

I need to revert it back to the 3uk rom as the phone has developed a fault and I need to send it back to 3. Please can someone let me know how to do this or point me to a guide.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Download the most recent 3UK firmware from the HTC website and install it via the PC.

You may need a goldcard to do this, I'm not sure. Just try it first before you make a goldcard though :) If you haven't messed with your sdcard since last time it will still be a goldcard anyway.

3. harrylad

harrylad Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. Yeah I think the sdcard was still a gold card so it worked fine. Back to 2.1 with 3uk now. The network seems to work a bit better with the official 2 firmware

4. Xyro

Cool :)

The 3UK version probably comes with a radio file better suited to their network, hence the improved reception.

5. 52mand

52mand New Member

i have a htc hero on orange uk i have updated to 2.1 i tryed to goldcard the hero and flash it and keep getting put in customer number

6. Xyro

Why are you trying to goldcard the phone?

If your phone is running 2.1 right now, all the fun stuff can be done without goldcarding.