How can i install Linux Programs on my rooted hero?

Last Updated:

1. Seelbreaker

Seelbreaker Member This Topic's Starter

Since it is a Linux running there i wanted to ask if it is possible to install programs like "apt-get", "man" and such things...

I've already asked google, but it looks like everyone tells me to install apt-get via the packet manager from the distribution... and well i haven't seen apt-get in the market ^^

Also is there a website which shows me some programs after rooting from which i can benifit with its use?

and what for an distribution this linux comes of? Any Ideas?

regards

Seelbreaker

Advertisement
  2. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

The important think to remember is Linux is just a Kernel, it does not execute programs. Android apps are compiled in a java like environment and Android has the capacity to run them. If you want to run apt-get (which would be crazy as it's for Debian distrobutions) or any other non-Android Java you would need to compile it through the Android SDK but unless it's a very simple program I don't think you'd get very far and would have dependancy hell.

It is possible to install a Debian shell, obviously anything ran will be within that shell. For more info take a look here...
    http://www.androidfanatic.com/cms/community-forums.html?func=view&catid=9&id=2248

3. Seelbreaker

Seelbreaker Member This Topic's Starter

Wow, nice looks like i gonna give this a try and look what i can do, i mean an android phone with a full running linux distribution (here debian) inside would be godlike :p