• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can i make my phone faster

keep in mind that quadrant doesnt mean sh*t. the scores dont mean jack. its just an inflated number that just gives you an ego boost.

does the phone do everything you want? yes.

good, end of.

`Ghost` is right...forget the Quadrant scores. They mean nothing in reality. More than anything they're used for bragging rights and tend to be disparate between different phones/processors. You're wasting your time chasing Quadrant scores.

Rooting will not make the phone faster; it merely allows greater access to the OS, which allows certain apps to do more than they would otherwise be able.

As for making the phone faster, for a beginner the best choice is the "OCLF," as it's known. You can find it here:

RyanZA's OCLF 2.0 - Android app on AppBrain

There are Froyo ROM's available, but none is based on a release version of 2.2. All the devs are working with a leaked Froyo ROM. However, some are quite good.

I'd do some serious reading before you actually consider flashing a ROM. It's not that it's all that difficult; it's that you can "soft brick" your phone pretty easily if you're not careful.

Upvote 0
keep in mind that quadrant doesnt mean sh*t. the scores dont mean jack. its just an inflated number that just gives you an ego boost.

does the phone do everything you want? yes.

good, end of.
Actually no, the phone does not do everything i want. Every time i turn it horizontal it takes about 10 seconds for it to switch to landscape mode.

Upvote 0
can anyone please help me with my phone? Been doing some reading and I'm a novice so I don't understand most of these terms etc.? I have 2 year old Vibrant SGH-T959. I don’t even really use it a lot except for a browser, phone & text but it has just been getting slower & slower to the point it’s nearly unusable now? I thought maybe my memorie(s) were filling up but from the data below, doesn’t look like that’s it? I read somewhere maybe I should back everything up, then somehow put it all back to factory and start over? Any tutorial on that for “dummies”? Thanks for any help. (The app recommended above is no longer available)

Firmware = 2.2, baseband = T959UVKB5, kernel version = 2.6.32.9, build = FROYO.UVKB5SD card = total space = 1.9 GB, available = 1.52Gb. Phone storage = 13.18 GB, available = 12.97. Application storage = 0.88GB.

P.S. I guess I should what slow is specifically? takes SOOO long to switch between screens, apps, sometimes the delay in responding to my screen touches that I miss a phone call before it responds to my "Swipe to answer". etc. Thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones