• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can I merge my Contacts data (from various different accounts) ==> into MS Exchange (for PC use)

ship69

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Hello

I seem to have my contacts stored in SEVERAL different places on my Galaxy Note 3 (Android 5.0) phone.
I now seem to have contacts stored in the following accounts:
- Google
- Microsoft Exchange
- Nine
- Office and Outlook ??
- Viber
- WhatsApp

I would like to merge all this data into one place - i.e. my Microsoft Exchange account so that I can see it on my PC (using Office 365 /Outlook 2013).

Ideally I would like the data to be fused *forever*. It is of no use to me to have all these stupid apps having different versions of the same data (irritating or what!)

What are my options?!

Many Thanks

J

You open the dialer...Contacts tab..menu..options..Contacts..Contacts to show/visible..Custom list..
Something like this...my phone is not set to English, but you should be able to figure how to get things done :)
Good luck!

OMG I fail at the first hurdle! "the dialer" What the heck is that? Is that the screen I get when I first boot the phone and unlock - i.e. also the screen I end up with if I keep hitting the "back button" ? (bottom right)

Ok if so then there is an orange button called Contacts at the bottom of my screen (is that what you mean by "tab") . So if I open that and then hit Menu button (bottom left) there is nothing called "options". There is a "Settings" if that's what you mean. Then yes, "Contacts" then yes "Contacts to display". I had already set that the icon consisting of a white box with holes in it which I think means Microsoft Exchange.

OK I have now changed it to "Customised List" as you suggest, and I have gone through un-ticking everything apart from all the groups listed under "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync".

OK that seems to have worked GREAT - many thanks.

One more question - why do the Contacts have different coloured icons beside them?
i.e. Greens, blues, oranges etc

Upvote 0
Glad to hear that you've got it sorted!

"Dialer" is where you dial numbers manually.. The green phone icon.
About the colours on contacts? I've always thought that it was related to different accounts or orgin of contact-info..like sim, internal, google account or exchange, but I don't know. Havent really cared either :)
Maybe some other will chime in and explain..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones