How can I reinstall android market on htc inspire?

Last Updated: 2012-10-23 20:39:22
  1. momofjnd

momofjnd New Member

I'm new here and hopefully posting in the right area. I have an htc inspire 4g from att unrooted. I'm not sure what happened, but when I click on my android market icon it says the "linked application is no longer installed". Can someone please give me step by step help on how to reinstall? I would appreciate any help!

Advertisement
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Hi momofjnd, and welcome to AF :)

Google have changed the branding. "Android Market" (good, clear name) has become "Google Play Shop" (???), and updates have been rolling out to phones recently.

Check your app drawer for "Play Shop" - that's the new Market.
    Shailen likes this.
  3. jbholz

jbholz New Member

@Hadron -- Thank you so much! Been tearing my hair out trying to find how to reinstall Android Market, you're the first one who's provided this crucial bit of info. It's "Play Store" on my Android 2.3.5 / HTC Evo 4Q Sprint. No warning from Android or Google or HTC folks. Thanks again!
  4. MissMarie

MissMarie New Member

Thanks for the tip! Like many, I had no clue and received no notice. My "Market" app just suddenly stopped working. How can I get the new "Play shop" to my phone? I checked my apps and it's not there. I tried going to the website but did not see an easy way to DL the app. Which would be weird. But I sometimes miss the obvious, so hoping someone here can help. Much thanks!

MissMarie
  5. Shailen

Shailen New Member

hi !
    I am missing my market app so Pl.tell me dear how do I reinstall again.
    tks.
  6. nicka3200

nicka3200 Well-Known Member