How can I "reset/re-sync" the Market app?Support

Last Updated:

1. mj1

mj1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I am running Android 2.2 on a Droid.

Last week I was notified of an available update to SportsTap. When I tried to do the update, the download failed. Now the Market app is goofed up with respect to SportsTap. Other apps update normally; but whenever I enter Market->Downloads, it states it is currently downloading SportsTap--which is always unsuccessful. If I finger tap on the SportsTap download graphic, my only option on the next screen is to cancel the download. If I do that, I also have to Force Close the Market app.

I am wondering how I can make Market forget that it needs to download SportsTap so that maybe I can get out of this crazy loop. Note that I tried clearing the Market cache, but that didn't help.

Advertisement
  2. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

Have you tried rebooting?

3. mj1

Yes, I've tried rebooting but it didn't help.

4. eraymond

eraymond Member

For me, an cancel download does an effective uninstall. Then a reinstall of the stuck app works ... if it doesn't get stuck again for random reasons.

Others have been successful with going to Home, Settings, Application Data, All Programs, Market, Clear data/cache.

sbursik likes this.
  5. mj1

The latter tip (to clear the data/cache of the Market app) did the trick! Thanks very much for the help.

6. gpgon

gpgon New Member

go to your settings / app settings / market open the options such as force stop and clear cache. choose to UNinstall update. you will get old version of market and all your apps will know show up