• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How can I restore mytouch 4g to original factory ROM

I asked this a while ago and got no good answers. I ended up getting a phone sent to me from T-Mobile, I rooted it pulled the rom, unrooted it and put it on my phone. Sent the other phone back. It was a warranty exchange but that phone had a bad screen, so I didn't keep it. Otherwise, you're screwed if you don't have it backed up in nandroid.

Upvote 0
here is the way I just got mine back to stock and then unrooted to do a warranty exchange on my MT4G (dust under the screen). it worked perfectly ,took about 20 minutes.

here is the file you need to restore to stock. if you install it u will lose root and should reset back to S-ON. Just rename zip to PD15IMG.zip and boot into bootloader and it should find it and ask you to continue flashing it. Afterwards u should have a Original Stock MT4G as when u first got it.

PD15IMG_Glacier_TMOUS_1.17.531.2_Radio_12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.26_M_release_155771_signed.zip - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

if you are wanting to keep your root here is a thread with a stock nandroid and instructions on how to install it

xda-developers - View Single Post - stock nandroid restore

EmceeGeek if both of these didn't work for ya when I tried to help you, you could have said something.

Upvote 0
a couple days ago someone with a my-touch posted in the eris forum having issue trying to install the above linked IMG file thru hboot. ive tried to help him,unsuccessfully. ive also encouraged him to post here in this thread(he linked it) or at least start a new post in this forum.

in the meantime,any assistance in helping him would be welcomed :)

check out this thread:
http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/241059-eris-stuck-boot-screen.html

its an old thread that was brought back to the top. his posts start at #7

thanks in advance for anyone willing to come over and take a look. :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones