• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I see full addresses in contacts without the "map it" option?

eellerto

Lurker
Jan 23, 2010
I recently wanted to get some addresses I have stored in contacts and found that they only show up as "show on map". The problem is, quite a few of my addresses are really long and you can't see the whole address under the "show on map" option, and I don't want to map it! I just want to see it so I can write it on an envelope. I guess I could map it every time I need an address, which is a waste of time, but even then, some of the addresses are in other countries and the map func. fails the address disappears before I get a chance to write down all the info. Is there a way to actually view the entire address without the map part?

On a side note, does anyone know why I can't sync birthday info for contacts from google contact's? Mine never show up, I only get Facebook birthdays.

And while I'm at it, even thought I use mybackup pro, when I have to do a hard reset, all my stored ringtones for contacts disappear and i have to program them all in again. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones