How can i set my hotmail up please?

1. eamonnl2004

eamonnl2004 Member

My 1st android phone so pretty new to it all, managed to get my gmail working but cant get hotmail working,

also another question is can i get the contacts just to display only phone contacts rather then all phone, facebook and email contacts??

cheers

Advertisement
    :
  2. sh500

sh500 Member

It should pick up the settings automatically when you specify your hotmail address. If not the details are:

• Hotmail Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop3.live.com

• Hotmail Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.live.com

For contacts, go to 'People' then click the Menu button and select 'View', you can select what contacts you wish to see.

3. eamonnl2004

eamonnl2004 Member

cheers, got the email to work now, thanks alot,
    about the contacts, yes i get it how i want if clicking the people button, but if i click the phone button where it displays latest calls, then you scroll down for your contacts its got all the facebook etc ones in there, is it possible to access your contacts through the "phone" button but without seeing all the facebook basically?
  4. sh500

sh500 Member

For that I think you have to go into 'Accounts & sync' in Settings and uncheck the Contacts that you dont want sync'd. Eg. If you click on the Facebook for HTC Sense, you should be able to uncheck 'Sync Contacts'. The same for a Google account.
  5. eamonnl2004

eamonnl2004 Member

found where you were talking, but didnt find a uncheck for contents, only delete account?
  6. sh500

sh500 Member

For all accounts that you have setup, you will see in access and sync. Now if click on each one, you will see more setting, ie what exactly you want and don't want to sync.
  7. BlackenedUK

BlackenedUK Active Member

I emailed HTC about this as this has happened to me aswell.

-------------------------------
    Dear Tom

If the Facebook contact has a phone number they will be under Phone tab, this cant be changed or removed.
    If you remove they will be there again after you synchronize with Facebook

I
  8. Fergie100284

Fergie100284 Active Member

I'm fairly tech savvy, but for the life of me can't get my Hotmail to sync.

It goes through all the motions. I can even send emails fine. However it just fails to display the inbox. It tells me I have 'No Mail'.

I've been through all the settings - SSL, Pop3.live.com, username, password and port 995.

Any suggestions?
  9. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Just a thought, the default setting is that it brings back emails from the last 3 days, if you dont have any less than 3 days old then none will show. Just trying to narrow down your problem.
  10. Fergie100284

Thanks for the reply, I thought the same myself.

It's obviously a problem with the incoming as I can send emails, but even when people reply to the messages I've sent from the Desire they won't show up (but are sat in my inbox next time I log on from a PC)
  11. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

What kind of hotmail address do you have? hotmail.com or hotmail.co.uk?
  12. Fergie100284

it's a hotmail.com
  13. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

In that case, don't do it manually. Just create a new other account, enter your email and password, and it will accept it.

The above manual is only for addresses ending in co.uk.
  14. chowhuskylass

chowhuskylass Well-Known Member

just follwed the link lekky for hotmail.co.uk set up Thanks guys :D
  15. Bearo

Bearo Well-Known Member

I only realised the other day there is an option to delete mail from server when you delete mail on your phone which is very handy!
  16. Mr Phone

Mr Phone Member

I tried to add my hotmail.com like this but still no email was recieved. Only email I recieved was an expired newsletter. Any other ideas why I can't recieve emails?
  17. Mr Phone

Mr Phone Member

Seems strange because i can recieve email when I click the "all" under download options but then I still don't recieve any recent emails just the old emails so that must mean I have the correct configuration so how come I can't recieve any recent mail? I am using hotmail.com and vodaphone pay and go.
  18. Fergie100284

I have had exactly the same problem as Mr Phone from day one. Never been able to find any answers :S
  19. Mr Phone

Mr Phone Member

Im thinking it may be a WiFi problem, do u get the same problem on 3g? I have forwarded my hotmail to gmail as a workaround for now.
  20. Fergie100284

Fixed the problem today finally! Read someone say that changing the settings to dowload 'All' mail, not just the 'Last 3 days' for example. Took forever to do it, then changed the setting back to last 3 days and it's working fine. Give it a go :)
  21. Mr Phone

Mr Phone Member

Thanks Fergie, I have over 1000 mails to download but its worth a shot.
  22. Mr Phone

Mr Phone Member

Well it downloads the mail up to 7/17/09 then I receive nothing under 'All' mail. I tried changing back to 3 days after that but just receive the expired newsletter again.. all very strange.
  23. Mr Phone

Mr Phone Member

Hmmm.. seems the phone is reading the oldest mail as the most recent, hence the expired newsletter (the first email). It downloads to about 600 mail on 'all' then gives up. A not so smart 'smartphone' it seems.
  24. Mr Phone

Mr Phone Member

Ok, so I deleted some of the old email, then rebooted, and bingo!

I now have working hotmail.. fingers crossed!