• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I stop Foursquare coming up?

toto

Lurker
Oct 7, 2010
Italy
I am not a Foursquare user.
Recently, Foursquare comes up quite often while I am using my mobile, X10 mini pro with Android 2.1.
It disturbs the operations, in call, writing message, searching a contact, using other applications such as stopwatch, calender, alarm and games.
I tried to uninstall (just hold Foursquare icon and drug to the trash box to uninstall), but it says "Uninstall not successful" and still Foursquare keeps coming up (the sign in page comes up). It disturbs me quite a lot!!!:mad:

Anyone has encountered this kind of problem?
Do you know how to stop it or uninstall it completely?

Thank you.

Hadron, thank you for the advice. Foursquare pre-installed app on my mobile. So I understand now that I can't uninstall it.

I have been using this mobile about 1 year and 8 months. Suddenly the app shows up and keeps showing up during operating the phone.... I don't know why.
At least I'd like to stop it coming up. Every time I lock off the phone, it comes before the waiting screen....

Upvote 0
Have you received an update to it, ie. anything that might change its behaviour?

I guess you could try clearing data for the app. Just guessing though.

Edit: installed it on mine to test, but it didn't intrude on me. But my setup is likely to be different, e.g. I don't have any social networking info or apps on my phone (I mention this as I saw it offered registration via FB, so wondered whether this might make a difference).

Upvote 0
Hadron, thank you again for your advice. I just come to check here.

I don't think I have updated the app recently, or any of app on my phone. Until it came up suddenly, I didn't know what is foursquare and it exists in my phone. I think I have not opened the application before... so I don't know how to clear the app.

One possible solution is... I create an account in foursquare. Once I log on and log off, or delete the account, then the app may not interrupt my usual operation.

I don't want to add account on app which I don't use... though...

I will report here the result later.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones