How can I stop my phone auto connecting to wifiSupport

Last Updated:

1. robs81

robs81 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

This is my first post, after reading helpful posts for many months.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to stop the Desire/android from automatically connecting to specific wifi networks.

I have a wifi network at home which I want the phone to always connect to when in range. I also have a wifi network at work, that I only want to connect to from time to time to update the calendar and download emails.
    Currently I have to turn off wifi when at work until I need it, but I've had this working before.

I'm on my second Desire as the Orange 2.2 update fubar'd the first :mad:, my first phone would always ask me if I wanted to connect to the works wifi, the new one just connects straight away, and it will only be a matter of time before my twitter app gets me into trouble.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. dj.GETAFIX

dj.GETAFIX Well-Known Member

try going to setting then wireless & networks then wifi settings
    click on the work network then tell it to forget the network...
    this has to be done when in range of the work network....
    next time ur in range of it and connect you should be asked if u want to connect and if you also want to remember the network...
    if you dont click remember network you will have to put in the code each time you use it...
    much simpler to turn off the wi-fi when not wanting to connect to it with the wifi on off widget

robs81 likes this.
  3. robs81

robs81 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply.

I've been turning the wifi off via the settings widget, but I sometimes forget.
    I'll have to wait until I'm back in the office to tell it to forget it, but I'll give it a go in the morning.

I'm sure I had the last phone asking to connect but retaining all the login information, must have just been a bug, as I can't see any settings for wifi that are different between 2.1 and 2.2

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I use tasker to schedule my WiFi on and off. It has lots of options, which makes it worth the cost