• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can I stop my phone from restarting spontaneously?

O

Omer11

I have a "Motorola X Play" under a Vodafone contract in Germany. Before that I had another phone (Elephone P6000), and both have the same problem, which I strongly suspect has to do with any of those many times Vodafone fails to provide reception for my phone: it restarts on its own. I'd be at work, feel a vibration in my pocket, take out my phone and see that it's restarting. Tonight was the straw that broke the camel's back, as it turns out that after restarting on its own, my phone felt my leg, through my pocket, giving it wrong PIN codes and was locked, asking me for a PUK code which I only found after managing somehow to get home despite being a terrible navigator which counts on his phone's GPS - which, of course, didn't work as my phone was locked.

I guess my question is simple: how do I prevent my phone from deciding to restart itself when it's in a no-reception zone?

Switch to flight mode before you go into a no signal area. However any phone should not be restarting just because it can't find the network. I would suggest that's actually a fault or bug. The imported Chinese Elephone, being a cheapo, could very well have had issues possibly due to poor QA. However the Moto X Play shouldn't have. Is it still under warranty? Have you checked for firmware updates for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones