How can I stop the automatic network selectionSupport

Last Updated: 2011-06-08 07:07:37
  1. Bresy

Bresy Member

Hi Guys first Time poster go easy with me :p

Bit of quick background first:
    I bought a locked to 3 network Deisre S a week ago. (Love the phone)
    I Unlocked it using the XDA-Developer thread and now have my O2 Pay and Go sim in it.
    I also used the SDK Manager with CMD to allow install of apps to my SD Card.

My Issue is that I live on the border between N.Ireland and Rep of Ireland and I cant get the O2 uk signal to stay on my phone. I never had this issue with other phones as I could select manual network and either have o2 uk or nothing.

But my Desire always switches to Roaming (O2.ie). Even if I get an O2 uk signal it instally disappears to be replaced with the roaming one.

Is there anything I can do to stop this ?

Before I waste anyones time this is what I have already done :

settings -> Call -> Call barring settings -> disable "Outgoing international roaming" and "Incoming calls when roaming"

settings -> Wireless & networks -> Mobile Networks -> de-select "Data roaming"

settings -> Wireless & networks -> Mobile Networks -> Network Operators -> Search networks.

From that list you can select your home network. Afterwards, in the menu above you can use the "Select automatically" option to tell the phone to default to this network when it's in range.

Data Roaming is also set to never
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

If I Root my phone is there a way to stop this ?

What about the network mode:

WCDMA only or GSM/WCDMA AUTO

What is the difference between these two options ?

Any Help would be great guys .....................

****** Think this is in wrong thread , can it be moved to the HTC Desire instead of the desire S please ********

Advertisement