• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I stop Yahoo mail notifications?

dentedvw

Lurker
Nov 25, 2009
I read how some people will get double notifications, but that's not what's happening here. I just want to stop getting new mail notifications. I get a lot of mail in my Yahoo account, and I don't want to know when it happens. I will check it once or twice a day, and that's good enough for me.

I turned off background data, but then Market doesn't work.
I recently got a replacement Incredible, and my old one didn't do this, but I didn't upgrade apps automatically, because I got tired of having changes I didn't like, such as this. Seems that most apps get worse somehow. More ads, or features I don't need and can't disable. Ugh.

Is there a way to change the Yahoo app so that it only checks for new mail when I tell it to?

Okay, I found where to turn the sound off, and the notification in the top bar, but is there a way to stop it from constantly checking for new mail? I don't need that either. Maybe a way to have it check only once a day, or only when I tell it to, like it used to on the old version?

Turned off sound:
Open app
view inbox
press menu, options, General Settings, unchecked "notification sounds"

Turned off notifications:
Open app
view inbox
press menu, options, *my email address*, unchecked "Notifications".

Reactions: jess90292
Upvote 0
Hi there you done first part go into your ymail then hit menu-options then hit your email addy, more settings will appear and uncheck notifications there as well this will stop notifications and also should only check for mail when you open the app

Hope this helps

Thanks.
But TBH the absence of interpunction doesn't make it much easier!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones