1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

How can I switch off Mobile Data w/ Tasker?

Last Updated:

1. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I've been trying out Tasker for a day or so and loving it. Here's what I want to do: When @ home, make my wifi switch on and mobile data switch off. Anyone know how to do that? It says the mobile data switch in the app won't work for CDMA networks (requires APNdroid).

Is there anyway to tap into the widget that HTC has on our phones (HTC Incredible) because that switch seems to work just fine to turn the data off. I simply want Tasker to do it automatically based on a location Context.

thanks for help and ideas!

Advertisement
  2. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

On my Droid, when Wifi is on (either manually or via Tasker) and connected, mobile data turns off by itself (the 3G icon disappears, and all data is handled via the Wifi connection). Does your phone not work the same way?

3. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member

I don't think you can do it. I contacted the developer and he said it wasn't possible, however with SwitchPro you can do this so I don't know why it's not possible.

4. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think it does turn the 3G off, but I'll notice that sometimes upon waking the device that the wifi isn't up and the 3g is doing work; the the wifi snaps back into action.

5. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Android does that on purpose because (as I understand it, and I may be wrong) in sleep mode 3G uses less power than Wifi. If you really want Wifi to remain on, you can go to Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Wifi settings -> Menu -> Advanced -> Wi-Fi sleep policy.