1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

How can I tell if someone has read a text that I sent?Support

Last Updated:

1. Birdman2004

Birdman2004 Well-Known Member

I know how to see if the messages have been received, but is there any way to tell if they have actually read the message? Like something similar to blackberry?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. esn

esn Well-Known Member

If you are using the stock messaging app just long press the text and the option for delevery is there. If you have handcent it is to the left of the message a check mark or red X to let you know the status.
  3. meezi

meezi Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if that's available for sms at all. I know it'll tell you if it delivered successfully but not if it's been read...
  4. Theibault

Theibault Well-Known Member

Far as I know, there are no read reciepts for sms on Verizon.
  5. MCPO117

MCPO117 Well-Known Member

Not unless you have a Blackberry but who would want one of those. And thats just because its sent through BB's servers and then they send a read receipt to you phone. The only perk those phones have that I wish I still had on my droid.
  6. curtisdr

curtisdr Well-Known Member

While Android is pretty good, there are still some things Android could learn from the BB OS. Mail handling and messaging being a few of them.
  7. chrismmm

chrismmm Well-Known Member

Havent seen that feature anywhere yet.. but will ck back here in a week to review and see if there are any answers
  8. talbotsgirl

talbotsgirl New Member

So does this handcent app tell you when a text has been read? i just long pressed on a text i sent to my attorney then tapped vew details it said pending what does that mean? has it not been read yet? then when i tapped on vew report it said ok or msg dlvd please help.
  9. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

AFAIK you can only tell that the message has been delivered if it was going to another Verizon phone...