How can I tell whats keeping my phone awake?Support

Last Updated:

1. karong

karong Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

my uptime is 117:27 and awake time is 114:11. This is the first time Ive seen the numbers so high and that close together. They are usually much far apart. and i noticed my battery has been draining alot faster than usual the past few days so im assuming something is keeping my phone awake. How can i tell whats causing it? I havent downloaded any new apps in the last few days so I dont know what it could be.

Advertisement
  2. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Install Spare Parts, then go to Battery history, click the top drop down, and select Partial awake usage. That will list the applications that have used wake locks, and the total time they were used, in order of highest usage.

3. karong

karong Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so it says Internet is the highest usage but when i see the time it says 5s. That cant be right??

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

look at the next drop down...this gives the time period for which it has collected data...

when you open spare parts and click battery you see

other usage drop down (this is the one you change to partial wake)

and since last unplugged drop down... so if all is working correctly your statement would indicate to me that you just unplugged the phone recently

try changing this to since boot or in all time.

to start a fresh "tracking session" reboot your phone and use the since last boot every few hours or so to track what has been using the battery

5. toddpedersen

toddpedersen Well-Known Member

Open Google Talk and uncheck the Automatic Sign in and then sign out of the program.

If your on 2.2 and have the marketplace app called LED Flashlight installed, uninstall it.

6. HoLs

HoLs Member

What ROM are you running? Fresh ROM has a utility called powertop. You run it in ADB and i believe the command is powertop -d

It will show wake times, and cpu cycles each app is consuming. I used it to trobleshoot my problems.