• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Can I Transfer Music to Phone

xguy

Android Enthusiast
Oct 4, 2010
from my computer? I have a Dinc and just can't figure it out trying things on the net. All my songs were uploaded from CDs so what would be the best format? I've heard ppl say don't use MP3 format so I don't know...heck I'd be happy just getting that far!:)

Thanks

Nothing wrong with MP3 so far as I'm aware. You might get slightly better compression using other formats, but in my experience it's usually identical or the difference is too small to bother about. Almost everything supports MP3, too. Some of the more esoteric formats aren't so widely supported.

I guess you're also asking how to rip the CDs: pretty much any music player on a PC/Mac/Linux box has that capability these days. The default settings will work fine, though unless you're an audiophile, you might want to reduce the quality settings from default as that usually ends up producing quite large files for little appreciable improvement in quality (my opinion, YMMV).

Once you've ripped your files, connect your droid to your machine via a USB and simply drag and drop the music files into an appropriate location on the phone.

Upvote 0
All of my music is in MP3 format with the odd one in some other format I forgot. I think it was M4A or something like that. There is nothing wrong with MP3 (unless you are one of those people who claim they hear a difference between the lossy MP3 format and vinyl). I just connect my phone to my PC via the USB able and use file manager to copy the files across to my phone. There should be a "Music" folder on your phone. Just copy your files there and your music player should pick it up.

Upvote 0
probably a stupid question, but how do I create a folder for my SD Card??

You can do it a couple way. Download a file manager like ES file explorer. Navigate to your SD Card, long press the screen then select folder. Or, connect your phone to your PC. You should get a popup screen showing your phones SD Card. You can then use the Windows Explorer to create a folder. I usually do the PC option.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones