• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can I turn off notification sounds except sms in marshmallow?

Yeah. Go into the settings, turn off notifications sound. Then go into SMS, and give it its own sound.

Hi and thanks for the reply. I am not sure of how to do that. In sound & notification there is a list of predefined policies (that I do not use, I use Quick profiles app) and a Notification & others list with options Notification, Do not disturb, Do not disturb access and Sound enhancement. Should I set it to "Do not disturb" and then set the notification sound to my preference? Doesn't sound right, that's why I am asking.

Upvote 0
I don't know what phone you have so it may be different. Go to setting>sounds>notification sounds>turn off notifications.

Then open your messaging app. Inside it, there is another settings button. Give it a ringtone on its own.

I am using an S7 Edge on Marshmallow and the instructions I am giving are exactly what you should do.

I do not seem to have a turn off notifications option:

0nGKnfG.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones