How can I upgrade my admireSupport

1. daviddex

daviddex New Member

:eek: can anybody help me upgrade my android admire from metro pcs from vercion 2.3.4 to 2.3.6 can anyone help me please :?

Advertisement
  2. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

Hi, and welcome to the forums!

The most simple way would be to use the simple upgrade tool. Just download it from HERE, run on your computer, and follow on screen Instructions :D Hope I helped :)
    daviddex likes this.
  3. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

yes that is the Update Tool for the MetroPCS Admire to go onto 2.3.6. OP you can use that without a problem but just for future purposes you go to the samsung website and check to see if the phone has any new updates
    daviddex likes this.
  4. daviddex

daviddex New Member

Thx you both but idk if I should :? So many ppl have so many errors on their phones when the upgrade
  5. twogbsd

Then maybe you should use a 2.3.6 based rom like Open Android or Android World Order. Those are pretty stable and have little to no bugs on those roms. OA is based off the generic 2.3.6 update. AWO is based off the offical MPCS 2.3.6 update. You could always just stay on 2.3.4, there isn't an extreme difference between 2.3.4 and 2.3.6.
  6. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

ive only ever heard to users having problems when trying to upgrade but thats cause their phone somehow got unplugged. the entire process thats less than 10 mins and as long as you have the cable plugged into the computer all the way then youll be fine. ive done the update more that 5 times already, not even kidding
  7. 20GT

20GT Well-Known Member

Hows about a post saying exactly what the update does.
    That would be interesting.
  8. twogbsd

Different lockscreen, different baseband, and restores all the bloatware :p
  9. potporandroid

potporandroid New Member

I'm trying the update now on a friend's phone. It's over 30 minutes now it's been sitting here. It's at 50% right now, system.rfs download is displayed at the status bar on the bottom. I'm going to leave it sit overnight, but if it's still in the same place in the morning, what should I do? Restart the phone and try the update again?

Edit: nevermind. The came became unplugged somehow (not sure how because I hadn't touched it and it was still plugged in) so I just redid the upgrade process. I used a USB port on the rear of the computer this time. I forgot that I had always had that problem when flashing my SGSII.