• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Can I upgrade my phone from android 2.1 to android 4

First thing first, backup your data. There are three common ways to update your Android OS:
  1. From the settings menu: Tap on the "update" option. Your tablet will check in with its manufacturer to see if there are any newer OS versions available and then run the appropriate installation.
  2. Visit the manufacturer's site: Every reputable tablet manufacturer (there are some no-name brands on the market) will have a technical support site that offers the latest updates and drivers for your particular model. Visit that site from your device's Web browser, and you'll be able to update other drivers as well.
  3. Connect to your computer: Most manufacturers sell their tablets with a way of allowing them to interface with other computers. Connect your tablet to your computer, launch its proprietary software and grab your owners manual. You can probably reload your entire OS from scratch in a few minutes.

Upvote 0
First thing first, backup your data. There are three common ways to update your Android OS:
  1. From the settings menu: Tap on the "update" option. Your tablet will check in with its manufacturer to see if there are any newer OS versions available and then run the appropriate installation.
  2. Visit the manufacturer's site: Every reputable tablet manufacturer (there are some no-name brands on the market) will have a technical support site that offers the latest updates and drivers for your particular model. Visit that site from your device's Web browser, and you'll be able to update other drivers as well.
  3. Connect to your computer: Most manufacturers sell their tablets with a way of allowing them to interface with other computers. Connect your tablet to your computer, launch its proprietary software and grab your owners manual. You can probably reload your entire OS from scratch in a few minutes.

It doesnt work I need update manually But I can not do this. How can update manually ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones