• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I upgrade to Jellybean (Android 4.2.2)?

David94

Mar 2, 2013
I have a MID M729 tablet that currently has version 4.0.3 on it. What ROM do I need to upgrade to 4.2.2? My tablet is already rooted, so that won't be a problem, I'm just not sure how to tell if a ROM is compatible with my device or one that won't start telling me I have a Samsung phone. :)

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

That's what I was afraid of. So is there one for my device yet? Or is there a "universal" one? What makes the ROMs device specific?

a lot of thing go into cooking up a custom rom. i'm no dev, but because most devices have different things added on top of the android os will make the rom specific to a specific device. each device has different system partitions as well.

unfortunately, you have an off brand tablet so i doubt that you will find any rom support which basically mean you probably will not find any roms for you tablet.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones