How can I upgrade to Jellybean (Android 4.2.2)?

Last Updated:

1. David94

David94 Member

I have a MID M729 tablet that currently has version 4.0.3 on it. What ROM do I need to upgrade to 4.2.2? My tablet is already rooted, so that won't be a problem, I'm just not sure how to tell if a ROM is compatible with my device or one that won't start telling me I have a Samsung phone. :)

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Welcome!

Roms are very device specific, so you need to be absolutely sure its made for your device; or else you'll end up with a brick!
    ocnbrze likes this.
  3. David94

David94 Member

That's what I was afraid of. So is there one for my device yet? Or is there a "universal" one? What makes the ROMs device specific?
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

a lot of thing go into cooking up a custom rom. i'm no dev, but because most devices have different things added on top of the android os will make the rom specific to a specific device. each device has different system partitions as well.

unfortunately, you have an off brand tablet so i doubt that you will find any rom support which basically mean you probably will not find any roms for you tablet.
    mikedt likes this.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

If a tablet has "MID" in it's name, you can very much guaranty there won't be a ROM upgrade for it.
    GJTRUEFAITH and ocnbrze like this.