how can i use wired tether on fresh rom 2.1.2?

Last Updated:

1. mrtimo

mrtimo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, this might be a simple question with a simple answer. I am using fresh 2.1.2 - what do I need on my computer (drivers?) - to be able to do WIRED tether? I am trying to use the wired tether that is built into the Fresh Rom 2.1.2 Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

PdaNet (app) and DL it for your pc, and you can tether with that.... Don't know about the wired tether with fresh, I thought it was wireless....

3. RollBravesRoll

RollBravesRoll Active Member

I've been having problems with the wireless tether on 2.1.2, though after reading through some of the updates with this version, I do need to go back & make sure I didn't accidentally update my Wireless Tether app, without even thinking about it, when I saw "Update Available" while in the market.

When I open the Wireless Tether app all I get is an error message that just says "Unable to connect!", which is strange because I was able to connect fairly easy, using no software to be honest, when I was just using the app with the regular 2.1 O/S from Sprint, after rooting my phone.

4. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

plug in your USB... on the notification drop down change from charge only to internet sharing. tada... you're wired

5. zilesx

zilesx New Member

This is what happens when I try this.

Data Call Failure
    Error Code 67 .Registration failure.
    Your PCS Vision username and/or
    password may be incorrect. Please
    try again.
    Dismiss

Also, I am using Fresh 2.3.3 currently, but this has happened with every rom I have tried (all have been of the Fresh variety).
    If anyone knows how to get wired tethering to work, it would be nice since wireless tether actually drains my battery faster than any charger I have can charge it.

6. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

7. zilesx

zilesx New Member