How can I work out my data usage on the G1Support

Last Updated:

1. shanaellis80

shanaellis80 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

Given T-Mobiles fair usage policy, I am concerned about exceeding the monthly allocation of 1GB.

Is there any way that you can find out how much data you have used (like you can on the Nokia N95 for example).

I've looked at my unbilled usage on My T-Mobile and there is no total on the bottom of the screen. I'd rather not wait until the bill is in the post!

Many thanks
    Shana

Advertisement
  2. benmarvin

benmarvin Well-Known Member

From what I heard they changed their mind about the 1GB cap. I think they got too much bad press about it. I remember reading an article about the CEO saying that they wouldn't go after anyone unless they used completely outrageous amounts of data. Like if you tethered and downloaded HD movies.

3. shanaellis80

Would that be for T-Mobile USA? I'm in the UK and I don't think they are thinking about doing this over here. I could of course be wrong - fingers crossed!!

4. benmarvin

All I can tell from the T-Mobile UK website plans is that they all advertise "Unlimited Internet". Are you on a specific plan that limits you to 1GB? You may want to call T-mobile to be sure.

Here's the article that says they killed the 1Gb plan:
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/24/t-mobile-kills-the-1gb-data-cap-takes-a-more-friendly-approach/

5. benmarvin

I just looked in the Market, and there's and application call NetCounter that keeps track of data. You may be surprised how little data you use if you don't do data intensive tasks like streaming video/radio or tethering.

6. shanaellis80

Thanks for all the info. I'm on the flext 35 package with 'unlimited' web and walk. However, the small print indicates the 1gb cap.

I'll have a look at the article and I'll take a look at that application. I'm sure I am nowhere near the 1GB mark, but better to be safe than sorry.

Take care and thanks once again