• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can l access my android playstore preferably using my old account?

S2LTE

Lurker
Jun 29, 2014
Hi all, hope someone has the knowledge and kindness to help, thanks
l can no longer access Playstore account in my old samsung s2 LTE, which l like to use again. it has had a gmail account added from last user but she doesnt even remember password as she uses apple now, the thing is my gmail account is the other playstore account that is still there, and i can select it, but it says the password is wrong! l have changed the password of my gmail account since l last used, and dont remember the old pw, the frustrating thing is l have put in the current pw for the gmail account, yet it wont let me access! saying it is the wrong pw, any ideas how l can reset my playstore account?

thanks for reply lunatic59, l was thinking that maybe the best solution, does that mean my old S2LTE will be as good as new, in terms of speed in accessing newly downloaded apps, etc?
thing is how do l transfer the pics to my computer?? it is a mac, do l bluetooth? on reseting, will the SD memory card have to be removed first, to avoid all those pics being removed too? l like to keep as many pics as possible :)

thanks again

Upvote 0
thanks for reply lunatic59, l was thinking that maybe the best solution, does that mean my old S2LTE will be as good as new, in terms of speed in accessing newly downloaded apps, etc?
thing is how do l transfer the pics to my computer?? it is a mac, do l bluetooth? on reseting, will the SD memory card have to be removed first, to avoid all those pics being removed too? l like to keep as many pics as possible :)

thanks again

Depending on which version of Android you have will determine how you connect to your Mac. Best case scenario, you plug it into the USB port and it pops up as a volume. Then you just dump everything to a folder on your Mac. You might have to authorize the connection on the phone (look for a notification if a windows doesn't pop-up).

Again, depending on the version of Android (go to menu>settings>about phone to find out the version) the user FILES (not user data) and the SD card should not be touched, so your pictures should still be there after a reset.

What a factory data reset will do is to remove all the installed apps, all the user accounts, wipe the cache partition and reset defaults on all system apps. You will have the same welcome screen you had when the phone was new and no play store apps or accounts will be installed. However, if you have stuff on your sdcard partition or an external card, that should still be there. I said "should" because there have been instances where a reset will reformat the /sdcard partition (although it's not supposed to) so everything is wiped. That's why it's important to back up anything you don't want to risk losing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones