How can make my SGS not use 90% of my Battery??Support

Last Updated:

1. The Nervous

The Nervous Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've had an SGS for about 10 days now and I really do like it, but the battery thingy really kills the whole eperience :S
    I remember before I bought this phone I made a thread about the battery life and everyone said that I could easily fix it.

So how do I make my SGS not use 90% of my battery life?

PS. Got the brightness at 0 and the sound volume at 0 (Only on vibration atm)

Advertisement
  2. jimatr

jimatr Active Member

If you switch it off it'll definitely not use 90% of the battery.

You have a 1Ghz Arm processor and a 4" screen in your pocket, it's going to use battery. I just put mine on charge each day and live with it.

3. deviant

deviant Member

and if you have a old sim card get a new one, improved my battery life by 500% from under 1 day standby to nearly 5 days

4. PhoenixFx

PhoenixFx Well-Known Member

What do you mean ?? Are you asking a way to improve battery life by 90% ??

A galaxy S should last slightly over a day or at least a day with moderate use, which is quite normal for a phone of that caliber.

You can save battery by dimming the screen, not having any widgets that periodically pulls data from the internet, switching off GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Switching to 2G can also help, but that defeats the purpose of having a SGS in the first place.

IMO vibration consumes more battery than having a ringtone.

5. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Update the firmware.

6. n1ck

n1ck Member

You could try an app like JuiceDefender which will disable your data connections and then re-enable them on a schedule that you choose eg. enable data for 1min every 5mins. I tried the app and my battery life did improve but the annoyance of not getting emails on time got to me and now I just charge it every day like every one is doing.

7. RADZ001

RADZ001 New Member

hey nervous i had the same prob what i do is put it back on 2g network when im not using my apps or net you would see it would last longer

8. vicj

vicj Member

Can you explain this? I've had the same SIM card for 4 phones now. Will getting a new one really help battery life?? How, exactly?

9. PhoenixFx

(source, Quoted from a guide on how to extend battery life of a Nokia N900)

10. ConceptVBS

ConceptVBS Well-Known Member

Just get a replacement. The newer builds tend to use less battery power for some reason.

11. canoe

canoe Member

Another oddity I've noticed with the Galaxy S series. I had to take my first one back due to the accelerometer being out of calibration by about 10 degrees.

I exchanged it about 14 days after purchase for another one which is still out of calibration but only by a degree or two which I can live with. The oddity I noticed is the battery in the second phone seems to be lasting a lot longer then the first one did.

My first phone would last me from about morning until I got home from work and the battery would be on its last legs at that point (about %10). With the new phone I can get from the morning all the way until bed (midnight today and the phone still has about %20 battery remaining). Its been getting about the same amount of usage the entire time, which leads me to beleive some of the phones maybe getting sold with subpar batteries or batteries that have some type of issue.

Just a theory though.

12. PhoenixFx

Or perhaps the previous phone had a different firmware version, and maybe you used different settings for screen brightness, different background apps, etc.. there are lot of factors, not just the performance of the battery.

13. onearmgeek

onearmgeek Member

I found this phone uses the battery like a druggy on meth. I notice that a large number of apps stay open or come alive without my touch. See for yourself in the Settings > Applications > Running Services.
    *EDIT*

Use JuiceDefender.

http://latedroid.com/juicedefender