How can you extract CSC? (Can't connect to carrier when using custom ROMs)

Last Updated:

1. soulcollector

soulcollector New Member This Topic's Starter

I've been through a lot of these forums and haven't found my particular problem discussed, so I'm finally posting hoping someone can help... I'm American but I live in Istanbul so the the Galaxy i7500 I've got didn't even come with the Market app and support here is impossible.

I've been able to flash stock and custom ROMs but I can't connect to my carrier (Turkcell) afterward. I can only use WiFi to do things like get access to the market, but then I have to do a restore to use my phone properly.

Currently I'm on:

PDA: I7500JTIH2
    PHONE: I7500XEJC6
    CSC: I7500TRCIH2

Can anyone explain how to extract the CSC from my phone so I can include when I flash a custom ROM with Odin?

Advertisement
  2. inFECT

inFECT Well-Known Member

Just use Galaxo. This will dont touch the CSC while installing and does not even use the bad evil odin.

3. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

What he said. :D

Or you could use Odin and flash everything from the firmware except the csc. There's a guide on how to do it right there. It was made for I7500L users, but your problem is exactly the same.

You can also find a tutorial on how to install Galaxo stickied in the All things root subforum.

Good luck!

4. soulcollector

Many thanks for the quick response, guys. I actually flashed Galax0 1.6.3.1 last time and had this problem - I used Odin and didn't include the CSC... everything worked and I could even make/receive calls, I just couldn't get access to the 3G network. When I checked the firmware, no CSC was listed. So I restored and still have the JC6 build on my phone.

I thought if I had my CSC (or any for Turkcell for that matter but haven't seen one) I could fix this issue. I'd love to get Galax0 and really want to install Froyo when Drakaz finishes the GAOSP build.

Any other thoughts to fix this?

5. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

I could be wrong here but,

As far as I was aware, the CSC contains operator customisations like wallpaper and such, you shouldn't need it. You need to make sure your APN is set back up - settings are in, ah, Settings. You might need a password, but that should be fairly readly obtainable from your carrier or Google.

On mine (in the UK) I just told it to auto-detect and it set it all up for me.

6. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Thanks Cougar for setting me straight, I just realized I was talking about the amss. And in Odin, it's the "phone" part you want to skip, not the CSC.

7. soulcollector

Ok, thank you for setting me straight as well. :eek: I had been misinformed about the CSC bit and had assumed since I couldn't access the 3G network that that was the problem. I just found the APN settings for Turkcell so I'll give this another shot and hopefully report back that it's all working ... again, many thanks...

8. soulcollector

ok, that's what i was missing...:eek:...thx again...

9. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Huzzah. Glad you got it sorted.