How can you skip predictive text without adding word to dictionary?Support

Last Updated:

1. desperado

desperado Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

While using the predictive text in the DINC I sometimes want to type something that isn't a word like an acronym or some abbreviation. Predictive text will suggest a word close to what I am typing but I don't want that. It offers exactly what I am typing as an option but then it adds that text to the dictionary.

Sometimes that's great but most of the time I want to simple use the term once and not add it to to dictionary. If I type space it will change my text. If I select the offered override it adds the text to my dictionary. How do I just keep what I am typing?

Advertisement
  2. fenderstrat1184

fenderstrat1184 New Member

I have the same issue too sometimes, but it looks like either you turn it off completely, or keep it on : /

3. desperado

There is no way around it, that's a bummer.

What is the "Check spelling before suggesting words" option?

I hate the new trend toward not documenting things. There are so many feature in this phone and you have to guess what most of them do. Even the downloadable manual doesn't cover the options very well.

4. desperado

How about this? Is there a way to edit the dictionary so I can at least clean out the junk once in a while? I guess I can just delete everything that must be possible.

5. themonk

themonk Member

Yes you can. Go to Settings > Language and Keyboards > Touch input > User dictionary and you can edit out the words you wish to delete.

desperado likes this.
  6. Ovy

Ovy Well-Known Member

or, if you're using the stock keyboard, just hold down the Voice button until the icon changes to a gear, and it takes you straight to options and user dictionary =P

robhakari and themonk like this.