How can you use a custom notification tone??Support

1. Still_Spinnin

Still_Spinnin Member

Hi, I'm trying to find out what I have to do to change my notification tone. I don't want one of the standard tones, So I'm trying to find a way to change em for tones I made with ringdroid.

HALPPP!!! lol

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :) Take a look under settings, sound & display, notification ringtone.
  3. Still_Spinnin

Still_Spinnin Member

Yes, I know how to change the tone to one of the standard ones that come pre-installed, But I'd like to use my own tone I have. Is that possible?

Thanks again.
  4. schdy37

schdy37 Active Member

If the saved it to your music list just go to it and highlite it then click on the menu button and select other and select ringtone
  5. Still_Spinnin

Still_Spinnin Member

Not my ringtone. My text tone. I know how to change it to one of the ones that come on the phone, And I know how to change my ringtone to a personal one, But as far as the tone when you get a text message goes, Can you change it to a personal tone and not one of the standard notification tones that come on the phone?
  6. Jacki1008

Jacki1008 Well-Known Member

go into your applications drawer. select My files. Make a file that is called Notifications. Move the tone you downloaded to that file.

Now go into your main Menu. Select Sounds & display, Notification ringtone, select music, Music...and viola it should be there for you to choose.
  7. Still_Spinnin

Still_Spinnin Member

It doesn't give me the option of selecting music in notifications. Only thing in the folder is the standard notification tones. :(
  8. skipster

skipster Well-Known Member

Using a file manager, like Astro, navigate to /sdcard/media/audio/notifications.... put your new notification in here, and it will appear as a choice in settings.

Skip
    Still_Spinnin likes this.
  9. Still_Spinnin

Still_Spinnin Member

I hope this works, Thanks! :)
  10. RNoel

RNoel New Member

I have a related question about Notification Ringtones on LG Vortex. Can you have contact specific Notification Ringtones (like Ringtones)? If so, how would I do this?

Thanks!
  11. lettie

lettie New Member

Thank you so much for this answer!! I called Verizon to get the answer to this question and while on the phone with them for 35 minutes, I found this. It felt good to be able to tell the VZW rep that I found what I needed here and did not need their help!! Thanks again!!

I am new to this forum, but I will come see you guys before I waste my time with the so called "Tech Support" at VZW from now on!!!

Lettie
  12. chava333

chava333 New Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacki1008 [​IMG]
    go into your applications drawer. select My files. Make a file that is called Notifications. Move the tone you downloaded to that file.

Now go into your main Menu. Select Sounds & display, Notification ringtone, select music, Music...and viola it should be there for you to choose.

Thank you this worked perfectly.
  13. NikolexRawr

NikolexRawr New Member

How do you drag it into Astro? Because I don't see how you can get it in your Notifications folder. Thanks:)
  14. NikolexRawr

NikolexRawr New Member

Where's the applications drawer?
  15. jprewett57

jprewett57 New Member

I am trying set a custom tone as my text message alert tone. I made a folder labeled notifications, and now I am in my music app trying to move the music to the folder and I can not figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!!:)
  16. ashes2181

ashes2181 New Member

Go to your file manager, then downloads. Find your custom tone. Hold it down until it offers your options, one will be to move it. Then go to media/audio/notifications...then paste it inside. :)
  17. Davo61

Davo61 New Member

Icecream sandwich seems to have different file location, but the principal of Skipsters is correct, find your notidications folder, drop in your new sound, say an mp3, and Bingo.