How canI use Google Maps solely instead of Maps for Android?

1. coreyshearermc

coreyshearermc New Member

I've been hoping Google would find a way to let me plot a route using Google Maps, and then send that route to my Android (a Google product!) phone to navigate. I can send the route, but as soon as I try to navigate with it, Maps for Android takes over and plots a new route, ignoring the route I just gave it. Maps for Android has no way to plot waypoints. It's disappointing. Anyone have a work-around?

Advertisement
    :
  2. MJM128

MJM128 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this works for planning a route but it works for just searching for like directions on google maps. Download the chrome to phone app on your phone, and the browser plugin for your desktop/laptop. Then just send that page to your phone and it'll open up in your google maps app on your phone with the directions.
  3. woodsb123

woodsb123 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean by "maps for android". As far as I know on most android phones, there should only be google maps or possibly bing maps nowadays. I, however, do have two versions of google maps on my phone. If you are trying to use google maps from the internet and have it send a route to your phone, what you can do is, after you have the route mapped out with turn by turn directions in the browser, save the route by giving it a name. Next, what you will need to do is send it to your phone by saving it in "my maps". Then on the phone, you should be able to find the "my maps" option by opening google maps and in the options menu there should be a "my maps" setting. Not sure which phone you have so I wouldn't know exactly where to find this. Hope this steers you in the right direction.