how clear/bright is screen with protector on?General

Last Updated:

1. pstepka

pstepka New Member This Topic's Starter

I am hesitant to put one on because the screen is so pretty! I bought the zag I think but it is still in the box because I am afraid I won't like screen after I put it on!

Advertisement
  2. nick1122

nick1122 Member

I am not sure about how it will look, but your touch screen will be harder to use afterward. To-date, I haven't heard a single person enjoy their experience with any touch screen protector, including Verizon's.

3. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I don't notice any difference with mine. It works the same as it did before.

4. tispectrum

tispectrum Well-Known Member

I'm using a Palm Treo protector. No more smudges, just as bright, and touch screen works as well as before.

5. dragonbro

dragonbro Well-Known Member

I put the verizon screen protector on, screen is just as bright and very responsive.

6. AirPirate

AirPirate Active Member

Verizon screen. No diff in brightness or touch sensitivity.

7. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Verizon protector, clear and bright, no problems with responsiveness to touch.

8. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

Yeah I am suprised at how accuracte the screen is with the vz protector on.

9. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

I have the Verizon screen protector as well, and as others have said, touch sensitivity seems fine. One thing I don't like about it is the fact that it's not the size of the entire face. It stops at the top of the screen, instead of the top of the phone. This drives me crazy when I'm dragging down the notification bar. For my next protector, I am going to get the Invisible Shield one, since it looks to be the correct shape. I'm also looking at this one:

Amazon.com: Screen Protector for HTC Droid Eris: Cell Phones & Service

It sounds pretty good, and has a nice price... Anyone know anything about it? I'm looking for one that is the correct shape for the phone (full face, unlike the Verizon one), does not decrease sensitivity, and prevents (or at least decreases) fingerprints and smudges. Any other suggestions?

10. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

I have a universal one, and think that it actually makes the touch screen a bit less sensitve....which is a GOOD thing for me. It makes my typing MORE accurate.

11. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

I also bought the Zagg and haven't put it on yet after hearing that it has a definite texture and decreases the clarity of the screen.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Boxwave screen protectors though Droid Eris Screen Protector / HTC Droid Eris Screen Protector / Droid Eris Screen Cover / HTC Droid Eris Screen Cover / Droid Eris Screen Film - ClearTouch Crystal

They have a clear one (link above), or an anti-glare that a lot of people prefer.

Am thinking about getting one, but wondering which to get. Would love to hear from people who have tried and can vouch for the feel, sensitivity, and screen clarity with these.