1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

how come gingerbreak takes to long to root droid x2.3.3

1. Kevin123

Kevin123 Well-Known Member

Whats going on with the rooting process it takes for ever!?

Advertisement
  2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

3. cougar214

cougar214 Well-Known Member

Gingerbreak doesn't work on .596. You have to SBF back to Froyo and flash the two files from TBH.
  4. flippy1974

flippy1974 Well-Known Member

I have a stock phone non rooted can I do that to mine just to get froyo on it and stay non rooted? I hate gb it has messed up the way I use my phones and its not the phones its the update im on my 3 rd replacement and all the same. And the if I can how do u do it?
  5. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

wait...you've had three replacement phones since Gingerbread was released?
  6. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

If you have the same issue with 3 phones, it's time to take a look at what you're installing on it. :D
  7. flippy1974

Yes all the same problem and I had my other phone since launch day.
  8. flippy1974

Yes all the same problems. Home key lights staying on while watching bids in low light witch is killing my battery and bluetooth going nuts every hour and lag on my keyboard are my biggest problems and that all happens at 100% stock no extra apps installed and worked great on froyo
  9. Kevin123

Kevin123 Well-Known Member

Sorry for reply but what else can root gingerbread .596?
  10. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Well-Known Member

There is currently no way to root .596 and probably will never be one. If you want root on .596 you will have to SBF back to froyo and then flash P3Droids prerooted two part zips.
  11. Wally World

Wally World Well-Known Member

Those are all issues with Gingerbread. You can get 1,000 phones, they will still happen. SBF to Froyo, root and theme, or install Froyo Rom and be happy again.
  12. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

^^^ that