how come I can't click on...

1. AutoSortX

AutoSortX Well-Known Member

the phone icon to call the place on google maps?? is there a setting or anything, i Know I have used this before...I have no idea why its disabled, its driving me crazy to dial the number manually!!!

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

Is it like that for everything you click or just chili's?

Mine is working fine.
  3. AutoSortX

for everything, I can't press the phone icon to call anyone directly!!
  4. AutoSortX

well i just did an uninstall on it, and seems like it took the update off, and everything worked...reinstalled the update and its not working again..hmm
  5. AutoSortX

anyone else experience this?
  6. lax9dan

lax9dan Member

I have the same problem on two Htc Droid Incredibles. Rebooting, uninstalling, reinstalling did not correct the problem.
  7. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

Just tested on mine and it's working like it should...
  8. AutoSortX

cool, thanks for the update..I may just do a system restore and try to reinstall everything..
  9. Cramill

Cramill Well-Known Member

I noticed the same problem the other day and I'm sure I've used that call button before. Could it be an issue of how the business is listed? Or is it really an update to the maps application that broke this?
  10. Tangent

I just did a search in Germantown, TN and brought up the exact listing shown in the original post. The only difference between his screenshot and what I'm looking at is that the "Call" button is not grayed out and the phone number is not listed under the address on mine. This rules out a listing issue...
  11. Cramill

Ah. I pulled up the same listing and the call button was grayed out. I went and uninstalled updates to the Google Maps app and now it is not grayed out.

What version of the Google Maps app does everyone have? Is everyone with the updates to the app having this problem?

Is it working with the new MR update?
  12. AutoSortX

mine is doing it with every search, just cannot call...I have the 4.4.0 version of maps, but I don't have the new MR update.

thanks for responses
  13. mancow

mancow Well-Known Member

Searched that same Germantown, TN Chili's and my call button is working on my X. It's maps version 4.4.0 (#4414) gmm-android-verizon
  14. bluechip68

bluechip68 Member

Ok. The uninstall of the update works, but now the navigation doesn't work. Says its not linked. WTF?
  15. I too am experiencing this problem. I got a droid incredible with google maps 4.4.0. Im hoping it is cuz of the new update. Its bothering me. I use that feature almost once a day. Hope someone finds a fix for it.
  16. Tangent

I've got maps 4.4.0 (4414) and have the latest MR update...
  17. samcarroll

samcarroll Active Member

i uninstalled the update and it works again. Navigation works as well
  18. Cramill

I just got the MR update for the Slide and now the call button works on maps version 4.4.0.
  19. AutoSortX

mine does too after the update..

thanks