How could someone call one of my contacts without unlocking my phone?

Last Updated:

1. andrew

andrew New Member This Topic's Starter

I left my phone in a lecture hall a couple days ago. I went back and couldn't find it. Then, a few hours later, I got an email from the person who found it - apparently they had called the last person I had called (it happened to be my dad), and he had given her my name. From there she looked up my email address in the university directory.

My phone is protected with a screen unlock pattern (fairly complex..). And I know that you can make emergency calls without unlocking the phone. But how did she call the last person I called without unlocking my phone? Did she somehow figure out the unlock pattern (and lie about it)? Or is this an actual feature? For whatever reason, I can't figure out how to do it, which makes me suspicious.

I have a t-mobile mytouch 3g.

Advertisement
  2. skiahh

skiahh Well-Known Member

There's a security flaw - at least on the Droids - where you can press and hold the voice search button and say "call XX" and it will work. So if someone tried redial or call mom or call dad, and they're in your contacts that way, it'll work.

3. MysteryMachine

MysteryMachine Member

Sometimes on mine you can see the pattern on the screen unless you wipe the screen down. Maybe she figured it out that way?