How di I download phonebook to car?Support

1. javamann

javamann Well-Known Member

Did a search with no answers that apply. I have a car with the capability and have never downloaded the phonebook. My family (all Iphone users) are laughing at me.

JM

old age is not for sissies.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Heisenberg123

Heisenberg123 Well-Known Member

download to car? most new cars i have been in just read it off the device once its connected to the cars bluetooth
  3. javamann

my car says to download phonebook from the phone, The car is ready but needs some sort of boost from the phone.
  4. Heisenberg123

Heisenberg123 Well-Known Member

is bluetooth turned on, on the device?
  5. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

This didn't work for my phone either with my Lexus.
  6. neil154

neil154 Well-Known Member

My Honda Accord has this same capability and the Honda site says my S3 (and prior Bionic) was compatible to transfer phone book to car but I was never successful. That being said the procedure is to first pair ypur phone with the car by bluetooth then on my Honda I went into the settings and clicked on "import Address Book and then my phone would show a notification which was asking to allow the connection and gave me a4 digit code to putt in. I then put in the code and then the phone book was supposed to be transferred but in my case I then got a failure message.
    javamann likes this.
  7. cameronmx9

cameronmx9 Member

Same here.. I have a Pioneer Avic-D3 in my F-150.
  8. willow15

willow15 Member

What kind of car is it, as some have sd slots to store such things and you will need to put one in. If you get no joy here I would suggest that there will be a forum for your particular car where the question will have already been asked.
  9. javamann

thanks guys...found the import/export and did the deed:D.

JM
  10. neil154

neil154 Well-Known Member

Glad it actually worked for someone
  11. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member

I had no problem with my car. I just can't sync it with facebook contacts synced because I can hide them from my contact list in Android, but not in my car. Kind of annoying, but not too bad.

BTW (I learned the hard way that doing it this way IS important. You dont want to do what I did and accidentally call someone you haven't talked to in YEARS)