How did I do I bought a new Telus unlocked Desire...

Last Updated:

1. darklide

darklide Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How did I do I bought a new Telus unlocked Desire for $580 CDN including shipping on ebay.

The guy said he works at Telus and said the Desire was just released two months ago so will the phone have the Amoled screen or Slcd?

Advertisement
  2. RandomSanity

RandomSanity Well-Known Member

Are these still out of stock at Telus? If not, why did you pay so much on eBay? I purchased mine on launch day for $449 (which is the no contract price at telus) and purchased the unlock code for $15.

As I understand it the amoled screen was replaced with an slcd screen on the Telus version of the desire.

3. darklide

darklide Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well the nearest Telus store is 6 hours away, so I would have likely spend the same amount if not more driving there.

4. kevinf1990

kevinf1990 Well-Known Member

i think all telus desires are slcd. you can look at the specs on the box. if it doesn't mention amoled then it's slcd

5. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

I don't think Telus got a single supply of AMOLED Desires. Look on the box if you got it, if it doesn't say AMOLED anywhere then you don't have one.

Also, whoa $580, it's not even that much after the 13% taxes. But I guess that's worth it since everyone is having stock issues across Canada.

6. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

That's about what I paid. Although it took almost 3 weeks before it got here. Canada Post is worthless. How do you Canadians stand using Canada Post??

7. tricksy_rabbit

tricksy_rabbit Active Member

There isn't exactly a plethora of options.

8. Androidin'

Androidin' Active Member

It crossed the border to get to you, of course it's gonna take a while. I've received things shipped via US Post to Canada and it can take 2 to 3 weeks.

9. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

I can't, they're stupidly slow and the mail lady doesn't come to my mailbox til 6pm, I complain to the PO but they don't do anything about it.

However while living in the Philippines, their mail system is ridiculous, they make the Canada Post guys look like rock stars.

10. kevinf1990

wait just wondering, are you guys who are not in canada buying attempting to buy from the telus website? i thought telus only accepted orders in canada

11. Baldilocks

I purchase electronics from China and they get here in 5 days.....

12. Baldilocks

No, I bought mine from someone on eBay. They also sell them in the States thru Negri Electronics, but I don't recommend them.

13. kevinf1990

lol that's where i got mine. no problems with mine. why don't you recommend them? i did see some negative reviews on other sites but it wasn't that many

14. Baldilocks

They have many bad hits on the Better Business Bureau and the 'business' address comes back to a small 1 bedroom apartment. (shrug). I just like being careful.