How did I get Simeji - how do I uninstall?Support

Last Updated:

1. spackler

spackler Member This Topic's Starter

My Hero suddenly changed keyboards on me tonight to something called Simeji (explainer below). I would like to uninistall this thing as I'm suspicious as to how it got there.

Going to settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications I can click on Simeji and there is no uninstall option. I can force stop it but it starts right back up.

:confused: :confused: I didn't download it, maybe part of an update? This is smelling very much like malware/virus. Any other Hero users have this app? I would feel better if I at least new it came with an update and not some other nasty way. Thanks!

Simeji is a Japanese and English IME.
    It provides various software keyboards, like flick-style.
    These make your input experience more comfortable.
    Motion Launcher is another function. It's absolutely useful

Advertisement
  2. spackler

spackler Member This Topic's Starter

I appear to have stumped the band I see... 5 points for me.

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

It definitely didn't come with any official update to the Hero, as it's not an HTC IME. All I can suggest is a 'factory reset', I'm afraid.

4. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

Simeji is in the market as a free download - so probably not a virus or malware. Have you tried going into the Market app then clicking downloads, that should list all your downloads. Is Simeji listed? If so click on it and then hit the uninstall button at the bottom right of the screen.