How did i get spammed in Notification area?Support

Last Updated:

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

what the hell? Any idea what app is doing this, and if its something i can uninstall?

I do not agree with this tactic

Attached Files:

• wtf.jpg
      File size:
      97.2 KB

2. rsarno

Didnt want to make another thread, but wtf is going on now with my prime?

I have it sitting on my desk next to me, wifi is turned off, i am watching the screen turn on for 3 or 4 seconds, then turn off. then back on for 3 or 4 seconds, then off.

repeatedly, i've seen it maybe 9 times now.
  3. JAy3001

JAy3001 Well-Known Member

rsarno likes this.
  4. rsarno

All my time using android, and this is the first I have seen it.

I dont mind Ad's within apps to support the developer, but dont have me checking my device even when im not using your app

wtf this pissed me off. Is it new with ICS?
  5. JAy3001

It should be noted that Air Push is the most aggressive notification system, easy to kill though. Check your default browser and see what its homepage is set to, if its some dodgy redirect you have Air Push.

Another tell tell sign is a search link appear on your desktop.
  6. JAy3001

I agree rsarno, but you do kind of agree to have these notifications when you install the app. Just be careful what so called free apps you install.

As far as i know it is not new to ICS. Search the forums for Air Push posts rsarno to see how bad the issues can be.
  7. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

No its not a new thing, its been around a little while. if your rooted I think add blocker takes care of it. If you aren't rooted download one of the many air push detection apps on the market and then delete whatever app is throwing the notifications.
  8. JAy3001

9. theandies

theandies Well-Known Member

Any suggestions?
  10. JAy3001

This is meant to be one of the best out there theandies. Have a read here:
    [Update: We Have an Even Better Tool] AirPush Detector Will Help You Figure Out Which Apps Are Obtrusively Advertising to You

Try to avoid full games that are free, do your research on any free game you want such as reading people comments - do a google search - run Air Push detector after each app/game installed if your not sure.

There is also a handy link here with people reporting Air Push infected apps:
    theandies likes this.
  11. rdalev

rdalev Well-Known Member

Been running into the same issue in the notification area here too.
    About to install "Air Push Detector" and "Addons Detector" !

If it so happens it's an app or game I paid for, just about all the ones I have, I expect to get a refund from the Dev !
  12. rsarno

It picked up Tablet Wallpapers

Thanks all, uninstalled immediately
  13. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Well-Known Member

to hell with that, do not want.

there is a limit I am willing to put up with adds but this really crosses the line. This is pushing into malware/virus terratory.
  14. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Be sure to leave them negative feedback in the market and mention the push ads.
    JAy3001 likes this.
  15. rsarno

Going to do it now.

And i chuckled, the name of the company who makes it is MOBILE SPY

16. rdalev

rdalev Well-Known Member

Too bad.....they actually had wallpapers that worked without all that cropping BS!
  17. rsarno

18. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

19. Ibrick

Ibrick Well-Known Member

Airpush Detector works great.

If a newly installed app shows up on Airpush it immediately gets uninstalled. I agree the tactic is annoying and I refuse to support developers who use it.
  20. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

A new post about AirPush: Airpush ad network continues to grow *cough* SPAM on the Android platformAndroidGuys

Includes a link to the new(ish) Lookout app for detecting AirPush apps: ce%3DAndroid+App+Sharer%26utm_medium%3DAndroidGuys %26utm_campaign%3Dblogpost

Remember, Devs, if we find apps that use AirPush we will give them bad ratings and reviews, uninstall them, and post their names the lists on various forums.
    rsarno and JAy3001 like this.
  21. blaxican25

blaxican25 Well-Known Member

use airblocker to block the notification pop ups.