How did You Became A Phandroid???

Last Updated:

1. jonathan76888

jonathan76888 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well, i want to hear some stories of how you guys became, andromaniacs (phandroids) , lolz,
    well i havent been a andromaniac for long time, but actually the Droid Does Commercial got me into it!!
    YouTube - "iDon't" - DroidDoes Commercial [iPhone Dissing]
    i wanted to know what that was, and that how i got into android!!:p

Advertisement
  2. MadBrown

MadBrown Well-Known Member

I wanted an iPhone really bad for the apps, but had a few big hangups:

* It's on AT&T only.
    * The plans are super expensive.
    * No multitasking.

Along came the Hero to Sprint, with a good selection of apps (and growing), multitasking and the best plan in the business: unlimited mobile-to-mobile for $70.

My only problem so far is the slowness of the 2.1 release. Motorola's Droid came out 3 weeks after the Hero but got 2.1 about a month ago. Weak, Sprint.

3. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i got tired of my HTC Diamond and winmo!!!!

at first, I was not that into Android and thought it was just another fad OS, and will be gone.

the Droid commercials are what got me to looking at the Hero. I said why not.. cant be any worse than WinMO!!!!!

WOW.. dammmmmmm......
    this is like a new world of smart cell phones.. I have just stepped into the future!!!! Now... I am all about android!!
    :p

4. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Heard about the Hero.. did my research.. found out Android OS was open source - that was it

5. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Moved to a new house with poor signal strength, Sprint gave me an Airave device, which lo and behold, worked great, except, turns out, there was a known incompatibility between this device and my Samsung Instinct. 90% of inbound calls go straight to voice mail! STUPID, as Samsung makes both! Anyway, this was Sept 09, and I did some research and found the Hero was due out in Oct, so I waited, and jumped on it at that time, as I realy like the form factor of the virtual keyboard and touch screen. As I have mentioned elsewhere, the apps and open source OS was not a compelling feature to me...not to say it won't be the next time I go shopping for a phone...err... mini hand held computer.

6. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

I needed a phone to do more that my bb curve, heard about the Hero, HTC sense, great on screen keyboard, browsing capability and the apps and had to get one! Lol

7. Xandria

Xandria Well-Known Member

My beloved Treo wore out. I used it to death!! I went to Sprint and got a Palm Pre. Soooo many problems with that phone I wanted to pull my hair out!! I had seen the Droid Does commercials, but didn't want to go to Verizon because of the massive cost increase it would bring me. So I gave the Hero a shot.... Now I am hooked!!

8. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

I'd have to say that AT&T's customer service brought me to Android. By that I mean I got sick of having the in store reps try to push the iPhone down my throat (I have never been a fan of Apple's business plan), so I said hello to Sprint and the Hero, thanks AT&T I will be forever grateful but I will never use your service again.

9. alanzer

alanzer Well-Known Member

I had wanted an iPhone for a while because of the apps for quite some time. I was actually waiting and hoping they would release a CDMA version because I am really satisfied with my Sprint service.. Then discovered the Nexus One was supposed to release CDMA. I began researching Android and discovering how absolutely wonderful it is. Then realized I could stick with Sprint, have Android, and a new phone if I got the Hero.

Now I laugh at my iPhone friends...

10. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

I like to fiddle. Android likes to be fiddled with. Pretty simple.
    Oh, and I like the android mascot.

11. salpiche

salpiche Well-Known Member

One word: LINUX!

12. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Palm TREO800w with WinMo... battery pulls galore, no battery life, only 3rd party apps worked well, but yeah, I killed that phone, wore the 1st one out in 3 months. Read and tracked Andorid from the beginning and couldn't wait. Once HERO was lined up for Sprint it was a done deal. Android ROCKS!!!

13. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

hmm the commercial was the first time i heard of Android...i had heard of G1 but i didnt really know much about it
    till the droid

and then shortly after i found this site

14. JD_from_da_80s

JD_from_da_80s Well-Known Member

Was looking for a new phone & I visited ol' faithful (CNET) & that's when I 1st heard about Android OS. So I did some research, saw the G1 had Android & a friend of mine had the G1, which I hated (the damn chin) but I played around with it & it kinda grew on me but I refused to go to T-Mobile. From that point I just waited for Verizon to get an Android based phone but ended up leaving them for Sprint.