• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps How do apps with large database store their information?

w31ha0

Lurker
Dec 14, 2015
Hi,

For example, If i am making an app with a database of all baking recipes, how do I store all these recipes into the database? Do most developers manually key in every single recipe they find on the Internet or they use some sort of tool to extract all the recipes from the Internet? What are some examples of those tools available?

Would it also be better to store all the data in the database in the app itself or storing the data in some online database and then getting the app to sync its database with the online one. How can I implement the syncing with the online database?

I know how to implement a SQLite database which is stored in the app itself ,but just not the syncing part.

Thanks.

That could be a very large database so the central database might be the better way, plus that way you could update it at any time you need. You could keep all the data in the central database, and then if you really need offline access, have it download the actual recipe when it is accessed and store it locally, with the list of all recipes only available online

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones