How Do I Access Files From My SD card

1. Tee En

Tee En New Member

I have files that are saved in my micro SD card but don't know how to get to them. I've look through all the settings in my phone but still don't know how. I have Sprint LG model LS670, android version 2.3.3. Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, Tee En!
    One of the biggest headaches with Android is rarely to they come stock with a file explorer. Fortunately, there's quite a few free apps out there that you can use to find the files you're looking for.
    Astro and ES File Explorer are two great ones.
    Tee En likes this.
  3. Tee En

Tee En New Member

Thank you so much for the help dreadnatty08 but I am still having that biggest headache as you mentioned with Droid.
    I was able to find the 2 apps that you provided in my phone but not able to get to those apps. I clicked on the download link and it opens up a window telling me to sign in to install the Android App. So I clicked on "sign in" but then I it just sits or stuck there and doesn't do or allow me to sign in. Both sites and apps are giving me the same problem. Any ideas why is this?
  4. SIII groupie

SIII groupie Well-Known Member

The Android "play Store"?

In Applications do you not have a "My Files"?
    Tee En likes this.
  5. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Don't know why your browser sign in isn't working, but why not look for the same apps in the Play Store on your phone?
    Tee En likes this.
  6. Tee En

Tee En New Member

sorry for my ignorance but what is "play store"? I don't have it in my phone. How do I go-about accessing "play store"? I don't have "my files" in my phone either.
  7. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

You can also connect a USB cord from your droid to your PC, pull down the droid screen and select USB sharing. Then the SD files will appear as a new drive on your PC.
    Tee En likes this.
  8. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Do you have a Market app? That's the original name of the Play Store, so would do the same job.
    Tee En likes this.
  9. boyo1991

boyo1991 Well-Known Member

Keey in mind, the latest versions of astro are veery much a headache themselves =p

And if you can use the stock browser you can download apks.. if this is what you cannot access, you would have to find some sort of app store, usually its the "play store" or possibly the "market". Please keep in mind that the market apps are needing you to sign into your gmail account, so keep this is mind while attempting to use them.

Best of luck!
    Tee En likes this.
  10. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

As for accessing apps at the Play Store, and assuming you have email set up on your droid, launch the store and select menu> accounts and choose that email.

As for file managers, I prefer Total Commander, had been using it on my PC for eons.
    Tee En likes this.