How do I access notification sound file to add for S 4GSupport

Last Updated: 2011-04-15 23:07:53
  1. hockeybob

hockeybob New Member

I am new to 4G S and can't figure out how to add sounds to my notification tones or access them from the ringtone file. Help.

Advertisement
  2. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

Settings>sound.
    There's phone notification ringtone, and one for calls. If you want separate for callers, you have to set up the contact first, then edit. If you have different sounds, you have to point those settings to the folder. Home>files>media>audio>ringtones
    You have to add those extra sounds to the media folder via computer USB.
    Z
  3. hockeybob

hockeybob New Member

Thanks Z, I did that but when I still don't see anything other than the stock notification sounds for things like emails and texts. Am I missing something?
  4. zuben el genub

Did you add whatever you are using/wanting to the media folder on the SD card? I've got a couple of edited MP3, but mostly use MID. But they have to be in the folder.

My folder shows all the stock ringtones, plus about 50 MID, and 4 MP3.

You might have to create the folder on the card, then sub/folder audio. And you do it on the computer. I also have them in sounds, and found them one more place. I'm not sure if Android duplicated, or linking the folder did. I've had most of those MID ringtones since I had a RIZR. Used them on BB, Nokia, and Samsung. The extra listings could be from the other phones.

I think I had to create the folder when I switched to Android. The other phones usually used the sound folder.
  5. zuben el genub

Also turn your phone off and on again. So it sees the new stuff on the card.