How do I access the internal storage?Support

1. candroid11

candroid11 Well-Known Member

This is truly baffling me. I exported a file from my dropbox to a folder in my internal storage. But I cannot figure out any way to actually access the internal storage to open this file. I want to be able to access the file and then choose which application to open it with. I went into settings>storage but all I can do here is access apps, pictures and video in the gallery, and music in play music. There are no signs of my files anywhere.

Advertisement
  2. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Well-Known Member

Grab a file manager app from the play store - I like Astro myself, but there's lots.
  3. candroid11

Okay great. Now I just need to figure out how to open epub files on my nexus...
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Download the Nook app.
  5. candroid11

I don't think this app is available for Canadians because it doesn't show up when I search for it. But it's okay, I downloaded Aldiko and it can play epubs. Only problem is I can't make notes or annotate with it, but I can live without that.
  6. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

What does Barnes & Noble have against Canadians? :confused:

We might have to call a boycott to help our neighbors to the North.
  7. candroid11

Their stores don't exist in Canada, so I guess they figured that they wouldn't bother making digital content available for us either. Our big bookstore chain in Canada is Chapters/Indigo, but I don't believe that they have any sort of digital content like ebooks. We just have to use amazon or google play books.
  8. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

That's part of the problem with Proprietary formats...
  9. CrackBaby

CrackBaby Well-Known Member

There a few online programs that will convert epub to mobi. What a pain though, I wish they could all agree on one single format.
  10. candroid11

Which apps run mobi files? I won't bother converting anything though. This Aldiko app is perfectly fine. Just started reading a book for the first time ever in ebook form. It is a pleasure, much better than reading a real paper book haha
  11. CrackBaby

CrackBaby Well-Known Member

The Kindle app! :). And maybe Google books, too, dunno...