how do I access the micro sd card on the motodroid?

Last Updated:

1. chrisdorman1

chrisdorman1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How do I access the files that are on my microsd card? (motorola droid)

I've ony had the droid for a few weeks.. and I have no idea how to do this, lol. It was pretty simple with my BB Storm. But I don't see an option anywhere for it. Please help the blind!

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

From a PC: Plug in the USB cable to the Droid and into the PC. The PC should install the drivers and you will see a USB icon notifications on the Droid. Just drag down the notification bar, select the USB notification and select Mount. You will lose access to the card on the phone, but your PC should now see it as a removable device. It works just like a flash drive otherwise. Just remove it when your done and the phone will recognize it again.

From the phone itself. Download the Astro File Manager from the Android Market. Does a pretty good job if you need to do file management on the phone itself.

3. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

of course there are plenty of alternatives to astro - such as oi file manager or estrongs

4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Yep. I prefer root explorer myself, but that's only because I'm rooted, of course. :D:D

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Rule of thumb: if it doesn't meet your needs/wants, try hitting the Market for a solution. Better yet, hit the Apps subforum on your preferred Android forum sites for suggestions.