• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I activate car mode? (resolved)

Sorry, I should have specified that the icon doesn't appear in my app drawer. It is in my list of apps when I go into settings - Apps, however.

If you have the AT&T version, it isn't "usable". I was able to find it under app-> all but I couldn't find it anywhere else. It wasn't till I downloaded the nova launcher and started using that, that it showed up under my app drawer and I was able to open it and use it.

Upvote 0
Prep for noob alert:

What's car mode? I have an ATT model. I'm able to stream to my cars BT. Phone set up with BT was quick and painless. What else is there?

You're not a noob, it's ok. A lot of people watched video reviews of the international model HTC One and noticed an app called "car", which is a car mode that puts things in a driver friendly layout. However AT&T's bloat ware car mode took the place of this app. It is actually still loaded on your phone, but not accessible with the stock Sense 5. If you use nova launcher or any other launcher from the playstore, it will show up in your app drawer and be usable.

Upvote 0
Using the file manager ES File Explorer's app manager you'd create a shortcut icon of the 'Car' app on your home screen :)

Harry

theirs also an app in the app store called quickshortcutmaker it will search for car and create a shortcut on your home screen also.

it's pretty ridicules AT&T Decided to hide this from us
but it does work if you make the shortcut.

Upvote 0
theirs also an app in the app store called quickshortcutmaker it will search for car and create a shortcut on your home screen also.

it's pretty ridicules AT&T Decided to hide this from us
but it does work if you make the shortcut.

Definitely, especially as they didn't bother to actually remove it, just hide it. Pretty rubbish of them, to be honest.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones