How do I activate car mode? (resolved)Support

1. Androidcurious

Androidcurious Well-Known Member

So? Anyone know? Or does it only work with the HTC dock?

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

There is a "Car" icon. looks like a steering wheel. tap that and it puts the phone in car mode.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  3. Androidcurious

Sorry, I should have specified that the icon doesn't appear in my app drawer. It is in my list of apps when I go into settings - Apps, however.
  4. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

what is your app drawer set to? custom? alphabetical?

ive set mine to custom and its there. maybe you have it in a folder somewhere...
  5. That_One_Guy

That_One_Guy Active Member

If you have the AT&T version, it isn't "usable". I was able to find it under app-> all but I couldn't find it anywhere else. It wasn't till I downloaded the nova launcher and started using that, that it showed up under my app drawer and I was able to open it and use it.
  6. emf1138

emf1138 Well-Known Member

Prep for noob alert:

What's car mode? I have an ATT model. I'm able to stream to my cars BT. Phone set up with BT was quick and painless. What else is there?
  7. That_One_Guy

That_One_Guy Active Member

You're not a noob, it's ok. A lot of people watched video reviews of the international model HTC One and noticed an app called "car", which is a car mode that puts things in a driver friendly layout. However AT&T's bloat ware car mode took the place of this app. It is actually still loaded on your phone, but not accessible with the stock Sense 5. If you use nova launcher or any other launcher from the playstore, it will show up in your app drawer and be usable.
    emf1138 and marctronixx like this.
  8. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Using the file manager ES File Explorer's app manager you'd create a shortcut icon of the 'Car' app on your home screen :)

Harry
  9. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

theirs also an app in the app store called quickshortcutmaker it will search for car and create a shortcut on your home screen also.

it's pretty ridicules AT&T Decided to hide this from us
    but it does work if you make the shortcut.
  10. Androidcurious

Thanks so much, guys. I see what the issue is. Lame on ATT'S part.
  11. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member Contributor

Definitely, especially as they didn't bother to actually remove it, just hide it. Pretty rubbish of them, to be honest.