How do i activate my retail bought droid XSupport

Last Updated:

1. bry7230

bry7230 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So i bought the droid x for retail price on newegg.com. When it comes in the mail, how do i go about activating this phone to my account. Do i have to bring it into verizon?

Advertisement
    kimmel23 likes this.
  2. ovenman

ovenman Active Member

No you can activate it at home. Just dial * 228 then it will ask you for your phone number then it programs it to work to your account then you are good to go.

3. bry7230

bry7230 Active Member This Topic's Starter

awesome, thanks! I didnt know i was able to do it that method since i didnt put down any of my verizon information during the check out forms.

4. mas90guru

mas90guru Well-Known Member

I did mine online in the my Verizon section of my account. Just swapped in the # on the box and it handled everything else including instructing me to call *228.

There seemed to be a tiny mixup in the programming and shortly after I had to call Verizon and they walked me though a manual re-program.

5. tapgamer

tapgamer Well-Known Member

Does this work if ordered on one phone line but to put on another?

6. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

you will have to activate phone on the line you ordered for first, then you can transfer phone to your other line. All that takes about 10 minutes.

7. tapgamer

tapgamer Well-Known Member

Well the line we ordered it on doesnt have a data package, so im not sure it would be able to be activated, unless we go to store...am i correct? If not would you mind explaining how to do it?

8. swagner53

swagner53 Well-Known Member

Call Verizon when you get the phone. I got the X on a new line- but a put an old phone on the line and put the X on my line- same family plan. They didnt give me a problem at all.

9. xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc Well-Known Member

download backup assistant on your current phone, and it will allow you to transfer all your stuff very easily